OnStrategy and Slack Instructions.
OnStrategy helps you conquer chaos by connecting daily focus with long-term strategy. Stay current on your priorities and provide updates with Slack.
Learn how to use OnStrategy with your Slack Workspace.
Add Slack as an Individual for Pre-Approved Apps
Before continuing, please make sure you are logged out of all instances of OnStrategy.
- In the left navigation of Slack, scroll down to the bottom to the “Apps” section and click “+ Add Apps” (red box).
- In the approved app list, select “OnStrategy.”
- Click on “Login” (red box) to connect your OnStrategy Account to Slack.
- Enter your username and password into the login screen
- Authorize access between Slack and OnStrategy.
- Return to Slack after successful integration.
- The welcome screen includes important instructions, including the shortcuts /os-mygoals and /os-checkin.
Add Slack as an IT Administrator
- Navigate to this page, then click on the “Add To Slack” button (red box).
- This will bring up a dialogue to authorize the connection between OnStrategy and your Slack Workspace. Click on “Allow”.
- After successfully connecting, you will be prompted to Open Slack.
Set up Slack Notifications in OnStrategy
- When logged in as the Plan Administrator, select “Apps & Integrations” (red box) from the top right menu.
- On this page you may:
- Enable Check-In Notifications to go out automatically weekly or monthly at your preferred cadence.
- Manually send out push notifications to remind your team to update their goals on an as needed basis.
- Revoke permission for team members to access their plan via the Slack app.
How to Use Slack:
- The OnStrategy Slack App is simple to use and includes a few basic shortcuts:
- “/os-connect” will connect you to an OnStrategy account.
- “/os-mygoals” provides a list of all items you own.
- “/os-checkin” provides a list of all items you own that require a check-in.
- After running “/os-checkin,” you have the option to comment on or add periodic data to your goals that require a check-in.
- The check-in modal makes it easy to enter data for the time period selected. Click on “Submit” to complete the process.