Due to the change in the time with continuous economic upheaval, geopolitical turmoil, and technological change, successful managers are those that effectively lead during uncertain times.
During these uncertain times, business leaders should follow these six principles:
- Live with integrity and lead by example
- Develop a winning strategy or big idea
- Build a great management team
- Inspire employees to achieve greatness
- Organize for flexibility and responsiveness
- Implement consistent management systems.
In order to become an effective manager and lead during uncertain times, one must follow a set of clear enduring principles which will provide a clear road map for finding success during turbulent times.
Source: Citrin, J. (2002).Six Principles for Leading During Uncertain Times.