Are you feeling like you’re in a strategic planning rut? Do you need a little inspiration to help find your path? Check out these inspiring quotes from Steve Jobs that we pulled from a Fast Company article to help you kick-start your strategic planning process.
- “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something –your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.”
- “Design is not just what it looks like. Design is how it works.“
- “I want to put a ding in the universe.”
- “You can’t just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they’ll want something new.”
- “My model for business is The Beatles: They were four guys that kept each others negative tendencies in check; they balanced each other. And the total was greater than the sum of the parts.”
- “That’s been one of my mantras—focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.”
- “I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.”