Use the following criteria when evaluating each objective:
- Is my objective broad and non-measurable?
- Is my objective continuous, ongoing, and non-dated?
- Does it convert my mission/vision into action?
- Does it help to sustain my competitive advantage?
- Financial Growth: To exceed $10 million in the next ten years.
- Financial Growth: To increase revenue by 10% annually.
- Financial Growth: To increase gross profit by 10% annually.
- Financial Growth: To increase sales by 10% annually.
- Financial Efficiency: To decrease expenses by 5%.
- Financial Efficiency: To increase net profit by 10%.annually.
- Financial Efficiency: To improve overall efficiency as measured by throughput.
- Financial Efficiency: To improve overall productivity (doing more with what you have).
- Current Customer: Expand sales to existing customers.
- Current Customer: Increase customer retention.
- Current Customer: Increase customer loyalty.
- Current Customer: Cross sell existing products/services to current clients.
- Current Customer: Achieve and maintain outstanding customer service.
- Current Customer: Develop and use a customer database.
- Current Customer: Anticipate future customer needs through customer feedback.
- New Customer: Introduce existing products into a new market.
- New Customer: Introduce new products to new and existing markets.
- New Customer: Anticipate future customer needs through customer feedback.
- New Customer: To expand sales to the global marketplace.
- Customer Service: Improve our service approach for new and existing customers.
- Product/Service/Program Mngt: To have all product meet standard of excellence guidelines. (Some businesses prefer to list their individual product or service as separate objectives.)
- Operations Mngt: To continually improve internal process to realize efficiencies.
- Operations Mngt: Capitalize on physical facilities (location, capacity, etc.).
- Operations Mngt: Improve organizational structure.
- Operations Mngt: Redirect or restructure available resources.
- Operations Mngt: Increase community outreach.
- Technology Mngt: Increase efficiencies through use of wireless or virtual technology.
- Technology Mngt: To successfully implement and realize benefits from our computer and software systems.
- Communication Mngt: Improve internal communications.
- Customer Mngt: Acquire enhanced CRM data mining capabilities.
- Customer Mngt: To execute and maintain a CRM process that is producing results.
- Marketing Mngt: To continuously broaden our customer database by obtaining new information on customer characteristics and needs.
- Marketing Mngt: Develop and implement a promotional plan to drive increased business.
- Marketing Mngt: Improve marketing, advertising and public relations.
- Alliance Mngt: Establish one new strategic alliance annually.
- Channel Mngt: To aggressively strengthen our upstream channels.
- Channel Mngt: Improve distributor and/or supplier relationships.
- People: To hire, develop and maintain the right people, in the right “seats on the bus.”
- People: Employ professionals who create success for customers.
- Training: Develop broad set of skills useful for customer support.
- Training: To develop the leadership abilities and potential of our team.
- Culture: To align incentives and staff rewards with performance.
- Knowledge: Transfer knowledge from leading-edge clients.
- Knowledge: To continually learn and adopt current best practices.